PPRR Mission Statement
The Pikes Peak Road Runners club is dedicated to promoting the sport of running, personal fitness, and community through organizing and managing running events, providing education and training, and creating venues for social and volunteer opportunities in the Pikes Peak region. We believe that running, training, and goal-setting enhance physical and emotional health. Hosting running events provides a valuable means to belong to a running community. We believe in encouraging participation in running events for people of all ability levels and acknowledge that volunteer participation is a foundation upon which Pikes Peak Road Runners exists.
The Pikes Peak Road Runners is dedicated to promoting and organizing running events in the Pikes Peak Region and surrounding Colorado areas. The club currently has approximately 1,700 members. Our club thrives on volunteerism. We encourage all members to donate sometime to help at races or other club functions. Volunteers earn special awards.
- Insight - Monthly newsletter provides race calendar, results and running tips
- Bargains - Members receive discounts at local running stores and at PPRR sponsored races.
- Friendship - There are nearly 1,700 members to share the pleasures of running, working or socializing.
- RRCA - Membership is automatic.
- Adventure - Fall Series of 4 incremental races leads runners through city parks seldom seen by others.
- Suspense - Winter Series offers a short and long series of 4 increasingly longer races. Weather, hills and altitude keep runners intrigued.
- Challenge - Nielson Challenge 2-mile run enables runners to check training progress the first Saturday of each month.
Membership is open to all those who share the goals of the Club. You can join using our Membership Form, or join the club using a credit card using our online membership system with RunSignup.com. An extra processing fee is added by RunSignup.com.
2019 Board of Directors
- Vice President
At-Large Board Members
Special Committees (special committee leads are also board members)
- Bulk Mailing
- Newsletter Editor
- Race Coordinator
- Scholarship Coordinator
- Training Runs (Garden of the Gods)
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Web Page/Race Calendar
- Results/Timing Coordinator
- American Discovery Trail Race Director
- Nielson Challenge Race Director
- Trail Cleanup
- Fall Series
- Kids Fall Series
- Winter Series
- Super Half & Game Day 5K
- Advertising (Newsletter and Web page)
- Race Timing
- Hosting Race Applications (Newsletter and Web Page)