Two Shoes Trek Challenge Virtual 2020 / Palmer Lake Regional Park 10k Route
· Park Hours: Dawn to Dusk
· Strava Segment: https://www.strava.com/segments/25022253
· Strava Route: https://www.strava.com/routes/2721460672966040752
· This course is fairly flat and fast. It begins and ends in the Palmer Lake Recreation Area. The Palmer Lake Recreational Area is a 36-acre regional recreation site nestled at the foot of picturesque Ben Lomand Mountain. The lake and a long stretch of the New Santé Fe Regional Trail provide many open vistas and beautiful surroundings. A walking path winds around the southern half of the willow-lined lake.
· Directions to Palmer Lake Recreation Area
o Take I25 North from Colorado Springs to South County Line Road / East Palmer Divide Avenue and take exit 163.
o Turn left on South County Line Road and after approximately 2.8 miles turn left into the recreation area and parking lot before crossing the railroad tracks.
o The start and finish will be at the yellow posts near the parking lot.
o The course begins by heading north around Palmer Lake in a counter clockwise direction.
o Once the course intersects the New Santa Fe Regional Trail on the south side of the lake take a RIGHT and run south for 2.7 miles.
o A red building and antenna will be seen on the left side of the trail; this marks the turnaround location.
o The course continues north and finishes near the yellow posts.
· Congratulations! You have finished the Two Shoes Trek Challenge 10k in the Palmer Lake Recreation Area and New Santa Fe Regional Trail! Be certain to record your time.