Two Shoes Trek Challenge Virtual 2020 / Fountain Creek Regional Park 5k Route
· Park Hours: 05:00 AM – 09:00 PM
· Park Website: https://communityservices.elpasoco.com/parks-and-recreation/
· This course is fairly flat and fast. It begins and ends in Fountain Creek Regional Park near the dog park and the children’s fishing pond. The course winds through scenic locations of this wonderful park that is just south of Colorado Springs. Participants will run or walk the Fountain Creek Regional Trail and pass by the Cattails Marshes and the Willow Springs Ponds. You will have the opportunity to see deer, fish, frogs, carp, herrings and many other forms of wildlife as you make your way through this scenic course.
· Directions to Fountain Creek Regional Park
o Take I25 South from Colorado Springs
o Exit 132A heading east on Mesa Ridge Parkway
o Take the US-87 S exit
o Take a right on North Santa Fe Avenue
o Continue on North Santa Fe Avenue for 1.2 miles
o Take a right onto Duckwood Road
o Take the second left into the park
o The starting location is near the south end of this small park by the dog park and the children’s fishing pond.
· Start near the dog park and the children’s fishing pond facing south, on the concrete path. The path splits and there are two El Paso County signs which read, “Children’s Fishing Area Limited to Children Under 16 Years of Age” and “Keep Out of Ponds Keep off Ice”.
· The “Y” in the concrete path is the starting line and the course will begin by taking a RIGHT and heading south.
· The dog park will be on the right and the children’s fishing pond will be on the left
· Turn RIGHT at the end of the dog park. There is a sign which reads “Regional Trail” and a tree donated by Harding Nursery.
· Cross the bridge and take a RIGHT onto the Regional Trail.
· About ˝ mile in there will be an intersection with a sign that reads “Regional Trail with a left turn arrow” make a LEFT to remain on the Regional Trail.
· The next intersection will be approximately 1 mile in. Take a RIGHT and head back south. The Chillcotte Canal will be on the left.
· The course will come to the bridge which was crossed to gain access to the Regional Trail. Continue STRAIGHT.
· The next intersection is a tricky three-way intersection. Take the middle route and continue south.
· A bench and Semper Fi memorial for Richard McShan will be seen. This is the turn around.
· Head south and cross the bridge back into Fountain Creek Regional Park.
· The course will end when 3.1 miles have been reached; the finish line is near the two pavilions on the right.
· Congratulations! You have finished the Two Shoes Trek Challenge 5k in Fountain Creek Regional Park. Be certain to record your time.